SUSTAINABLE DOG ACCESSORIES
WHAT SUSTAINABLE DOG ACCESSORIES MEANS TO US
Happy Boi was born through a passion for the environment and dogs, and the desire to create eco-friendly dog accessories! We are committed to looking after the environment in every way we can and know that no business is perfect. We are continually improving our processes and products to reduce environmental impacts, and innovate within the pet accessories industry. Here’s how we are doing better:
1. Creating products using certified sustainable materials.
Our current products using innovative sustainable materials
- Recycled Polyester (RPET) accessories range - our RPET bandana, bow tie, and sailor bow range uses material made from old plastic bottles and other post consumer waste. This helps to divert waste from polluting our land or water, and avoids the use of new materials.
- Collars and leashes - made from RPET (coming soon).
- We only offer dog treats that are 100% Natural and Australian made by small Australian businesses. Nothing but the best for Happy Boi’s.
3. Sustainable shipping practices
- Plastic free compostable packaging: Our packages are super cute and sustainable! We use compostable cardboard, recycled boxes, and wrap our products with compostable tissue paper and paper tape. If we need to use a mailer bag (in the case of rainy weather - or international orders) we use Certified home compostable mailing satchels to protect your Happy Boi goodies.
- Carbon neutral delivery: Our parcels are posted with carbon neutral delivery, through our freight partners purchasing carbon credits to offset emissions of every single delivery - talk about amazing!
4. Responsible office practices
We run the Happy Boi office with the environment in mind.
- We reduce the amount of waste created by laying patterns out digitally so there is less fabric waste, asking suppliers to send items without plastic where possible.
- We re-use where possible, for example sending wholesale orders in re-used shipping boxes!
- All other waste is recycled appropriately - including fabric offcuts and those pesky plastic mailers some companies still use.
5. Supporting small, local businesses
Wherever possible, Happy Boi supports other small local businesses. Here are some ways we currently work with small Aussie businesses:
- Our Repreve eco friendly dog accessory material is sourced and printed by a local company
- All our dog treats are from Australian small businesses
- Donations to Australian animal charities - all thanks to our pawsome customers!
6. Recycling your old dog accessories!
Happy Boi has just launched our dog accessory recycling program. Check out our recycling program here
. This program helps to divert your old dog items from landfill.
Thank you for supporting our action towards a sustainable future for our earth and our pups! If you have any questions, or would like any more information, please send us an email at email@example.com